Cambridge Computer Disposal
A local Service:
Cambridge Computer Disposal is owned by a family business, based in the North of Cambridgeshire and was founded in 2005. We collect waste computer equipment from businesses and schools throughout East Anglia (Norfolk, Cambridgeshire, Lincolnshire & Suffolk). We will pick up any equipment, irrespective of age or condition. Details of how we operate are available by clicking the highlighted text.
We operate a fully licensed recycling centre, under 'Permit' from the Environment Agency and have qualifications suitable for running what's known as a Medium Risk facility. This means that we can collect and recycle any waste electrical and electronic equipment and actually strip it down, taking out the hazardous materials in the process.
How We Operate:
We re-use a proportion of the equipment that we take in and recycle the rest. Anything we re-use ends up in a good home and we occasionally get to support charities along the way.
When we strip down equipment, we physically separate out the various materials that are inside a them. Separated materials are then bundled up and end up being re-used to manufacture new goods. There's not much left by the time we're finished.
We're conscious of the numerous environmental laws (regulations) associated with the management of waste and our professional qualifications (see below) and experience ensures our recycling centre continues to get a clean bill of health from the Environment Agency.
We do charge for our service, but the cost to those local to us is minimal and reflects transport and someone's time. End users and Businesses are also welcome to drop their equipment off and our addresses are shown on our "Contact Us" page (top right of menu above).
We hold accreditations and qualifications relevant to our sector. Our qualifications are issued by WAMITAB, the awarding body of the 'Waste Management Industry':
- CIWM Professional membership (Chartered Institute of Waste Management)
- IT Qualified personnel (MCSE technicians)
- Waste Management NVQ Level 2
- WAMITAB QCF level 4,' Non Hazardous Waste'
- Degree qualified management
- WAMITAB NVQ Level 4: 'WEEE Operator Competency', Certificate No: 100/2781/6
We've got numerous licenses for what we do. Our licenses cover waste electronics and the transport of waste:
- Hazardous Waste Carrier: CB/LP3312RD
- Authorized Treatment Facility (ATF) EAWML/10062:
- Note that Our Licenses are in the Public Register with the Environment Agency here, postcode CB6 2AY, (Parent Company, Computer Displays)
- Employee Liability Insurance: GA262104XB
- Public Liability Certificate: GA262104XB.
- Data Protection Act: Z1852317.
Further Environment Agency Approvals:
- Scrap Metals, paper, cardboard and packaging treatment facility
- Manufacture of certain goods from wastes
- Treatment, processing and re-use of waste toners
Computer hardware usually contains confidential information and that's why we provide a full destruction and certification process for it. We've tailored this process around 'BS/EN 15713' and taken on board advice issued by government bodies (The CPNI), meaning that we process any equipment with data on it within 24 hours, in a secure environment. We certify the destruction of any media and issue you with a spreadsheet that documents each drive we destroyed. Our destruction processes include:
- Binary wiping of Hard Disks to UK MOD or NIST/ US DOD standards.
- Total physical destruction of Hard Disks (crushing/ shredding): Example Hard Disk Destruction Video.
- Auditing of storage media during destruction process.
- Granulating of optical media.
- Granulating of magnetic tape media.
- Granulating of solid state media.
Cambridge Computer Disposal is the trade name of Computer Displays UK Limited, a professional waste management & IT company offering it's services to businesses.
Head Office: 86 Elm Road, Wisbech, Cambridge. PE13 2TB
Computer Displays (UK) Limited
This site is copyright Computer Displays UK Limited.
UK registered Company number: 05587345
Registered VAT number: 392 44 283.